New year bonanza

Here’s the new year update, get it while it’s fresh!

Mega - Mediafire - Zippyshare

So, what did I do? I managed to add on a bunch of story on the Judy branch. And you can actually loop the day, yay! Unfortunately, I don’t have a function that resets variables yet so the second day will probably be broken, although there is a sleep/next-day text flair if you get there. There’s a lot of variables in the game that sometimes messes with one another and adding them can break sequences. I'm sure I won’t be able to squash every bug before release but there is a considerable amount of content added and connected.

So, the goal was 30,000 words, however on Sunday morning, I nearly lost everything; all of my work this past week due to a momentary power outage. My working file became corrupted and I accidentally overrode it, trying to fix it. Thankfully, I did find a back up file however I still lost about 5000 words or so. I am not happy about it. There was some good writing there. Take that as a lesson, kids. Save often.

What I did add, is around 20,000 words or a little less than 10% of what was already there. Working on bugs took a considerable amount of time away from writing. Some links, passages, variables and conditions ARE broken and I am aware. There are very specific requirements for some scenes and despite my best efforts, I cannot get all of them to work properly yet. There'll probably need to be some scene shuffling too but things are coming together. Maybe not at the rate we all want, but it's coming together.

For the month of January, I will be releasing public versions of the game each week on Sundays. Once we get to February, it will be subscriber releases every week and public releases every 2. I understand I am still building a fanbase and getting my work legs but I'm set on improving very quickly. I think I found my groove so hopefully I can add even more and faster, while breaking what's there less often. >:D

I do not intend to drag this project out. I’d like to finish it, crush the bugs, release a 1.0 version that is self contained to focus mostly on the family, then work on potential in-game or additional content such as world building or additional family members (cousins, aunts, uncles). Not super into grandparents so I kind of doubt that happening. Of course that’s way down the line but I will try to get there ASAP.

Either way, thanks for tuning in and enjoy. I may make a mid-week update for bug fixes if needed. Peace!
 

Comments

  1. Nice update, I would like to suggest to put the SubscribeStar link to your every new post so that whoever interested in supporting can easily find it. Well, at least for me, it's not easy to find the link

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't rush with pushing out conent. Burn out is a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back glad your holiday period was good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snippet

Update!

Curious?